Before the temperatures really start to rise, you’ll likely want to consider installing an air conditioning unit in your home to stay cool and comfortable in the summer. Whether you want to install a brand new AC unit or replace an old or broken one, there are a number of things you need to consider before calling HVAC contractors in Sioux Falls, SD.
Options like unit size, efficiency and special features will play a large role in the type of unit you install and how much it will cost. Call HVAC contractors in Sioux Falls, SD to discuss your options and choose the right AC unit for your home. Here are some major things to consider:
- Size of the home or area being cooled: The size of the area you are looking to cool matters a lot when installing a new AC unit. You don’t want to pay lots of money for a large unit that you don’t need, but you don’t want one that’s too small, either. Installing a unit unfit for the area’s size will likely result in inadequate temperatures and higher bills. HVAC contractors in Sioux Falls, SD will be able to determine the right unit size for the area.
- Energy efficiency: AC units’ efficiency is determined by a Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio, or SEER rating. The rating is based on the cooling output of the system in relation to how much energy it consumes. The higher the rating, the more efficient the system will be. New AC units must have a SEER rating of at least 13.
- Installation location: Outdoor AC units must be installed in a place without a lot of direct sunlight; otherwise, they might overheat and break down. The location should also be clear of plants and trees so no debris or vegetation restricts airflow.
- Special features: Air conditioning units can be installed with extra features to increase the functionality and your level of comfort. Programmable thermostats are very popular with homeowners, as they allow for better temperature control and help save on energy costs. A heat pump can also be added to your unit to let it function as both an AC unit and a heater.
- Choosing the right HVAC contractor: HVAC contractors in Sioux Falls, SD might be common, but it’s important for you to choose the right one to install your AC unit. Working with a reliable HVAC contractor means that you’ll have access to knowledgeable experts who can answer your questions and install your units properly.
Installing a new AC unit in your home or business is a big investment that you’ll want to make before the summer heat arrives. Make sure to think about what size of unit and features you’ll want, as well as how efficient you want it to be.
Don’t wait until it’s too late! Call A & R Heating and Air Conditioning Inc. to speak with our HVAC contractors in Sioux Falls, SD. We have more than 15 years of experience and are the local experts in HVAC installation, maintenance and repair!