As a homeowner, your highest priority is protecting your investment and securing the comfort and safety of yourself and your loved ones. A big part of this is making sure essential systems receive the maintenance and repairs they need to continue to function. This is certainly the case when it comes to your furnace. Given the climate here, you don’t want to be stuck in a situation in which you need emergency furnace repair in Sioux Falls, SD. Here are some signs to watch for:
- No heat at all: When it gets cold in South Dakota, you know how much you rely on your furnace to keep you nice and warm. That’s why, when you turn on the heat and nothing happens, you can be sure you have a problem. Whether the furnace just doesn’t run at all or it’s blowing lukewarm or even cool air, if you’re not getting any heat whatsoever, you should consider it an emergency. Contact your trusted repair team right away.
- Adjusting the thermostat makes no difference: The beauty of the thermostat is that it allows you to adjust the temperature in your home as much or as little as you want, whenever you feel the need. That being said, you shouldn’t have to crank the heat to notice much of a difference. If you find yourself having to constantly adjust the thermostat to stay comfortable—or if some parts of your home are relatively warm while others are still terribly cold—there may be a problem with your furnace, as it should be distributing heat fairly evenly.
- Energy bills are unusually high: No one likes to see their energy bill spike. But even though slightly higher costs are normal during the winter, the difference shouldn’t be that dramatic. Particularly if your costs are substantially higher than last winter, it may be a sign that your furnace is having to work harder to do its job, thus using more energy—and costing you more money. Save your money in the long run by calling for emergency furnace repair in Sioux Falls, SD today.
- Haven’t kept up on maintenance: One way to practically ensure you’ll run into trouble with your furnace is by neglecting it over time. Routine maintenance ahead of the cold season is a must, and if you can’t remember the last time you had a technician out to inspect your furnace, it’s likely one or more small issues have transformed into major problems in the meantime. Get someone out to look at your furnace, repair any damage and get back on a regular maintenance schedule to avoid further emergencies.
- Lots of unusual noises: Some occasional noise from your furnace is to be expected, but the prevalence of banging, squealing, rattling and other almost violent-sounding noises coming from your furnace is cause for alarm. A furnace will get noisy as parts wear down and it approaches the end of its useful life. Call for emergency furnace repair in Sioux Falls, SD when you notice strange noises coming from your furnace.
At A & R Heating & Air Conditioning Inc., our team has over 15 years of experience with furnace repair and all other aspects of HVAC service. We’re available 24/7 to help your family stay safe and comfortable. Call us at the first sign of furnace trouble.